James B. Morris Scholarship Fund
The James B. Morris Scholarship Application is now closed.
Awardees will be announced mid-June.
Thank you for your interest in the James B. Morris Scholarship. Scholarship applicants must be of minority ethnic status as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and have a minimum 2.5 G.P.A. All applicants must be U.S. Citizens and provide a social security number as well as being: (1) an Iowa high school graduate and resident of Iowa attending any U.S. College or University; or (2) a Non-Iowa resident attending an Iowa colleges or universities.
We have changed the process for submitting the required material. You no longer need to create an account, but it is important that you follow the instructions. Gather all of your required documentation (listed below) before beginning the process to upload.
2019-2020 REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR SCHOLARSHIP SUBMISSION
- Complete the 2019-2020 Application (download application).
- Personal Essay about yourself, why you are applying, must include school and community activities or organizations you are involved in, and your future career plans (minimum of 250 words and a maximum of 500 words).
- Two letters of recommendations (at least one must be from an instructor)
- Recent photograph (Head & Shoulder Shot only) - Required for press release.
NOTE: The Scholarship committee will not accept “SELFIE” photos. (The photo size must be 1MB and only .bmp and .jpg file types.)
Once you have gathered the required documents; return to the James B. Morris website (http://morrisscholarship.org/) and under the “APPLICATION” tab select: “UPLOAD DOCUMENTS”
REQUIRED OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT: An Official transcript must be “POSTMARKED” on or before the application deadline February 29, 2020 and mailed to James B. Morris Scholarship Office at P.O. Box 12145, Des Moines, IA 50312
- Official High School transcript (graduating high school seniors ONLY)
- Official College transcript (most recent semester)
If you elect to mail your material, please send via United States Postal Service (USPS) to the address above.
If you have any questions regarding the James B. Morris Scholarship, please call our office at 515-864-0922 or email us.